Saturday, September 17, 2011

My Take On Traffic Exchanges

     When I first started working the "paid to" sites it wasn't long before I discovered traffic exchanges.  It was great working online. I was so excited that I had found a way to stay at home with the kids and still help out financially.  I had a few good websites that I was working every day and making money online.  Soon I realized I had to take it to the next level and start earning even more with a downline.  

      But where do you get a downline?

     Up went my first website.  Now where do I get visitors?  
How do I spread the word?  Here's my site how do I get people to come to it.

     Enter traffic exchanges.   I didn't really know what I was doing yet I didn't know of anything else to do.  I had followed 
all the seo advice that I could understand without a whole lot 
of results.  After joining a few traffic exchanges I realized what exactly was happening.

     I was looking at websites belonging to other people just like myself.  In return they were looking at my website.  We were all promoting "paid to" websites in one form or another.  Some were even promoting the exact same websites that I was.
Alongside were promotions for more traffic exchanges as well.

     My first thought was ...This is crazy!  I am advertising to a group of people who are already doing the same thing as me,
working online.  Why would I want to show them my website about working online when they are obviously already working online.

     I stopped for a while and started again.  I kinda went back and forth using and not using traffic exchanges for the next year or so.  It was not until much later that it hit me...  

     My "traffic exchanges do work" revelation.

     The same thing that I didn't like about the exchanges is the exact thing that makes them work.

     All the people there (members of traffic exchanges) are working online.  

     Who better to promote your ideas to than people who are already interested in the same type of ideas!  You can't get much more targeted than that!

     Plus its a proven fact repetition does work.  When we see the same thing over and over again we start to recognize it and feel familiar with it. That makes us feel comfortable.  So when we are ready to join a new site we go where we are comfortable.

    Also, our brains associate familiarity with truth.  We could go deeper with this line of reasoning but I think you get the point.

     I know personally I have had to step away from my  computer for one reason or another and came back, sat down and just automatically started reading whatever was in front of me.  Kinda like ok where was I.  Now if I have a traffic exchange up and somebody's page is in front of me getting all my attention.  Everybody experiences this to some degree.

     Its just like the captcha I kept getting on one of my programs.  I had to type in a phrase to prove that I was a real person.  The phrase had something to do with pants or jeans.  Later I heard that same phrase on a tv commercial.  I looked up from what I was doing and thought I'm gonna have to see what those pants look like.  Then a light went off in my head ... Gotcha.  Seeing and hearing that phrase over and over made me curious about the product.  Exactly what the promoters set out to do.

     I don't believe all your traffic should come from here.  There are lots of other ways to get people to your site and business for your company and referrals for your programs as well.  But they are definitely one strong source when used correctly.

    I also believe traffic exchanges still have a lot of kinks to work out.  You have to know what to look for in a good exchange, have good virus protection and use good old fashion
common sense.

     In my next post I'll point out some of the do's and don'ts with t/e and I'll address some of the common issues such as:

       members advertising the same sites
       surfers who don't look where they're going
       dishonest exchanges
       virus/spyware/malware
       scam discernment 
       surfing ratio

     Meanwhile if you need a good traffic exchange here are a few that I use.  Pick one or two or all and let me know what you think.
     
      EasyHits4U 
      TrafficDelivers
      TrafficG
      HitBandit
      SurfSumo  
      TrafficSwarm
      24-7-Traffic    
                                Happy Surfing

Proverbs 13:11
Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, but the one who gathers by labor increases it.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate that you took the time to write this post. I am brand new, and I share some of the same thoughts/questions you wrote... ie-associating familiarity with truth. I hope I run across you and/or your site again. :)

    www.boarderama.com

    ReplyDelete